Whip up these Quinoa Omelet Bites for breakfast throughout the week. These are a great swap for carb and sugar heavy cereal or muffins, plus these are loaded with protein. These bites are also an option for people looking to cut sugar from their diets or who are sucrose (sugar) intolerant. If you are trying to save time in the morning, just pop a few bites in the microwave and head out door.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the warm quinoa with the cheese to melt the cheese. Add the egg whites, garlic, salt and spinach leaves. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin tins, filling to the top. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Run a small knife around the edges to loosen and pop out of the muffin tin.
Recipe by: tbsp.