Whip up these Quinoa Omelet Bites for breakfast throughout the week. These are a great swap for carb and sugar heavy cereal or muffins, plus these are loaded with protein. These bites are also an option for people looking to cut sugar from their diets or who are sucrose (sugar) intolerant. If you are trying to save time in the morning, just pop a few bites in the microwave and head out door.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the warm quinoa with the cheese to melt the cheese. Add the egg whites, garlic, salt and spinach leaves. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin tins, filling to the top. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Run a small knife around the edges to loosen and pop out of the muffin tin.
Recipe by: tbsp.
We understand at My Gut Health Today how challenging it can be to live with a food intolerance, a food allergy or a food sensitivity. One of the biggest obstacles is finding tasty recipes and/or substitutions that will make us or our loved ones sick. Our My Gut Health Today recipe series is where we feature safe recipes for a variety of food intolerances and food allergies. Please carefully review all of the ingredients to ensure the recipe you are interested in is safe for you and your family to consume. Only you understand the unique nuisances of your situation. We are simply offering helpful suggestions to hopefully make your cooking lives easier and your stomachs happier.
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Myguthealthtoday.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is myguthealthtoday.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.