We understand that not everyone has an hour to cook dinner every night. This is a great go-to recipe when you are tight on time. It only takes 15 minutes to prep and cook! This low-carb and grain-free recipe is very forgiving; feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand or whichever veggies are best for your diet. For those of you who do not eat meat, you can replace the chicken with more vegetables. This recipe is also sucrose (sugar) intolerant approved.
- 1½ pounds raw chicken breast (or 18-20 ounces cooked)
- 1 tablespoon oil for sautéing
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 1 ½ pounds)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (4-ounce) packages shirataki noodles (can substitute other low-carb pasta)
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Optional small amount of hot sauce
- Prepare broccoli and cook in microwave with a small amount of water. For the one-and-a-half pounds of broccoli (about one head), add 4 to 5 tablespoons of water. Using stoneware, cook on high for 4 to 4½ minutes. Season to taste.
- Chop onion, and begin to sauté in pan with half the oil until tender. No more than 5 minutes.
- Cut up chicken breast and cook in another pan. Brown both sides of the chicken on medium heat. After browning, turn off heat and let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to onions and cook until beginning to shrink, then add chopped pepper. No more than 3 minutes total.
- Rinse shirataki noodles in hot water and cut up with scissors. These do not need to be “cooked.”
- Combine all ingredients and serve. Stir to allow the flavors to mesh and all ingredients are distributed evenly throughout the dish.
Recipe by: Verywell