A gluten-free, Paleo-friendly inexpensive dinner with only five minutes of prep time, yes please! You may be thinking “what’s the catch.” Well you need to have access to a slow cooker (Crock Pot). If you do not own one, it worth borrowing for this Greek-style green beans and chicken thighs recipe. It is full of flavor without added sugar, sauces or dairy. You can alter the cooking time based on your schedule, which is another great bonus to using a slow cooker.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (or one can)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- juice of one lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth or water)
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- plenty of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix together the green beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic, dill, lemon juice, chicken broth and plenty of salt and pepper in your slow cooker.
- Lay the chicken thighs skin-side-up on top of the green bean mixture.
- Drizzle the tops of the chicken thighs with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Optional: Broil chicken thighs for a few minutes on high to crisp up the skin before serving.
Recipe by: Bowl of Delicious