Pumpkin-spice season is officially underway. Most of the pumpkin-spice flavored goodies offered this time of year are loaded with sugar. This no-bake simple recipe has just four ingredients, and not one of them is sugar. Total prep time is about 5 minutes and time in refrigerator is only 30 minutes, so you can easily whip up this fudge before the kids come home from school or to surprise your honey after a long day at work.
The recipe calls for pumpkin pie puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling. Be sure to read the food label carefully. Also, double-check to make sure there isn’t any added sugar. If you want to make this treat look extra pretty, you can always add some dairy-free whipped topping to dress up each bar.
- 2 cups smooth, drippy cashew butter (You can substitute any nut butter or a nut-free alternative, like sunflower seed butter)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 T pure maple syrup
- Pumpkin spice (optional)
- Line an 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish with aluminum foil or baking paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop, melt cashew butter with coconut oil. Add pure maple syrup, then stir through pumpkin puree until fully combined. Top with optional pumpkin spice.
- Pour mixture into lined baking dish and refrigerate until firm.
Recipe by: The Big Man’s World