This is a perfect grab-and-go breakfast recipe for those of you who follow a FODMAP diet or want a healthy morning treat. These carrot cake breakfast cookies can also be used as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon healthy snack.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend (Recommended: Bob’s Red Mill 1 for 1 gluten-free baking flour)
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup raisins, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- In medium bowl, add butter, maple syrup, egg and vanilla. Stir until creamy.
- Blend in oats, gluten-free flour and oat flour.
- Fold in raisins (you can sub cranberries if you prefer), carrots and walnuts.
- Roll dough into 15 large gumball-size balls, and place on a parchment paper lined dish.
- Place in refrigerator to set for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place balls on cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. Gently press on top of cookie with spatula to flatten top of cookie.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
Recipe by: For a Digestive Peace of Mind Blog (Kate Scarlata, RN)