Today’s recipe is filled with cheesy goodness and protein, but low in carbs and sugar. Perfect for the post-holiday waistline, and simple enough to whip up on a school night. This dish is low in carbohydrates and is a sucrose (sugar) intolerance* safe recipe. Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
*Click link to learn more about Sucrose Intolerance.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used boneless skinless strips)
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons whole cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, and place your chicken in pan without overlapping.
- Mix the cream cheese, butter, cream, onion and spices, and spread the mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Spread the cheese on top, and bake for about 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Let it rest and cool a bit after taking it from the oven.
Recipe by: Sugar Free Like Me