There is no one who does not love savory, cheesy comfort food. This recipe is satisfying while being sugar-free, gluten-free and grain-free. The total cook time including prep is only 45 minutes, so it is perfect for a school night or a busy day. This bacon ranch chicken casserole is also sucrose (sugar) intolerant approved. Get ready to feed your family something healthy and delicious.
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, steamed and drained (or frozen broccoli, thawed and drained, or vegetable of your choice like cauliflower or spinach)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons bacon crumbles
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces mayonnaise
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 F, if baking immediately. Or you can prep ahead, and keep in the refrigerator for a day or two.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and spices in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, 3/4 of the cheese, and 1/4 cup bacon or vegan bacon crumbles and mix well.
- Pour into a 9×13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining cheese and 2 tablespoons of bacon crumbles on top. Bake until hot about 35 minutes.
Recipe by: Joy Filled Eats