This recipe is a savory breakfast option for those with sucrose (sugar) intolerance, clinically known as Genetic Sucrase-Isomaltase Deficiency (GSID).
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 piece of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon of low-fat cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Begin by cutting the avocado in half and removing the pit.
- With a spoon, scoop out some of the avocado so it is a little larger than the egg and yolk. Place in a muffin pan to keep the avocado stable while cooking.
- Crack the egg and add it to the inside of the avocado. Sprinkle a little cheese on top with a pinch of salt. Top with cooked bacon.
- Cook for 14-16 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe by Lilluna.com
We understand at My Gut Health Today how challenging it can be to live with a food intolerance, a food allergy or a food sensitivity. One of the biggest obstacles is finding tasty recipes and/or substitutions that will not make us or our loved ones sick. Our new My Gut Health Today recipe series is where we feature safe recipes for a variety of food intolerances and food allergies. Please carefully review all of the ingredients to ensure the recipe you are interested in is safe for you and your family to consume. Only you understand the unique nuisances of your situation; we are simply offering helpful suggestions to hopefully make your cooking lives easier and your stomachs happier.
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Myguthealthtoday.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is myguthealthtoday.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.