In a pinch for a last minute Valentine’s Day surprise?
We’ve got you covered. Pull together a delicious dinner fast with Adriana’s 10-Minute Pasta. Plus it’s vegan, nut-free, refined sugar-free, and soy-free.
This healthy dish is satisfying with 20 grams of protein per serving and 11 grams of fiber, leaving plenty of room for dessert! If you are strapped for time, grab a store-bought dessert or strawberries and whipped cream. If you have more time, check out the recipe we posted last week for No-Bake, Low-Sugar Almond Joy Bars. Good luck and happy Valentine’s Day!
For the pasta:
- 1 box (12 ounces) rotini or fusilli pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ⅓ to ½ cup hummus
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Frozen peas or other veggies
- Cooked lentils or beans
- Fresh spinach or basil, minced in food processor
- Puréed cooked carrots or cauliflower
- Add water into a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. While you are waiting for it to boil, gather the rest of the ingredients. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium, add the pasta, and stir with a wooden spoon. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Drain the cooked pasta well and place it back into the pot. Stir in the marinara, hummus, and hemp hearts until combined. Taste and add a bit of salt or other mix-ins if desired.
- Heat over low until warmed throughout.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple days. To reheat, add the pasta into a pot along with a bit of extra marinara sauce to add the moisture back and stir to combine. Heat over medium-low heat until warmed throughout.
Recipe adapted from: Oh She Glows
At My Gut Health Today, we understand how challenging it can be to live with a food intolerance, a food allergy, or a food sensitivity. One of the biggest challenges is finding tasty recipes and/or substitutions that won’t make us or our loved ones sick. Our My Gut Health Today recipe series features safe recipes for a variety of food intolerances and food allergies. Please carefully review all of the ingredients to ensure the recipe you are interested in is safe for you and your family to consume. Only you understand the unique nuances of your situation. We are simply offering helpful suggestions to hopefully make your cooking lives easier and your stomachs happier.